Does your home require roof replacement or repair? Well, do not wait then; home renovation, repair, and modernization are essential for the safety of the residents. A well-maintained roof protects and shields your family against bad weather like snowfall or rain and gives a decent look to your house. Moreover, a cracked or damaged roof can be hazardous for your family.
If your income levels are insufficient for the expenses then apply for the free roof replacement grants from the federal government, state agencies, and nonprofits for financial assistance. Read through the varied grant programs.
- 1 Roof Replacement Grants Programs
- 2 The Housing Preservation Grant
- 3 Weatherization Assistance Program
- 4 Single Family Housing Repair Grants and Loans
- 5 Share this:
The Housing Preservation Grant
HPG is a federal program that gives grants to sponsoring organizations for renovation, rehabilitation, and repair of homes for low and very low income earning families. The sponsors are state agencies, government entities, nonprofit organizations, and Native American Tribes. If you need roof replacement grants, you need to meet a few eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be low or very low homeowners, cooperative members or landlords
- A low-income earner must have earnings between 50-80 percent of the area median income
- A very low-income earner must have earnings below 50 percent of AMI
Single Family Residential Rehabilitation Program (SFRRP)
SFRRP provides free home repair grants for minor house repair work, roof renovation, window repair, door repair, roof repair, removing safety hazards, removing any objects of physical threats, and making home more accessible for physically disabled. It also checks for any building code violations.
SFRRP sponsors two programs:
- Roof Repair Program: senior citizens are given up to $15,000 for repairing or replacing of roof. It also includes gutter and exterior roofing work.
- Handicapped Accessibility Improvement Program (HAIP): people with special needs are given grant amount up to $30,000 for remodeling of the house. It facilitates better accessibility and eliminating barriers or other hazardous objects.
Weatherization Assistance Program
The WAP offers home repairing/improving grants to low-income families for renovating and repairing homes. Administered by the Department of Energy, it disburses grants worth $5 billion to territories, states, and local governments to support underprivileged families. You may apply for WAP for home up-gradation, improving energy efficiency, update home appliances, repairing of roofs, and restoring homes for better living standards.
Remember the following points before you apply:
- Applicants should be below the poverty level
- Priority is given to senior citizens, families with disabled members or children
- If you are a receiver of Aid to Families with Dependent Children or Supplemental Insurance Income then you automatically qualify for WAP
Single Family Housing Repair Grants and Loans
Low to very low-income homeowners are entitled to receive Single Family Housing Repair Grants and Loans for home repair and modification work.
Sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the program offers monetary support for home repair, modernization, or improvement work that includes roof repairing services, window repairing, door repairing and removing safety hazards. Families that cannot attain credit elsewhere are given assistance.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the loans/grants are:
- Income level should be less than 50% of the median income
- Must be the homeowner
- Be 62 years of age or above
Apply for the free roof replacement grants and avail services free of cost.
free roof replacement, roof replacement grants for seniors, free roof replacement programs, roof help for low income, government grants for roof replacement, can i get a grant to replace my roof, free roof repair for low income, government assistance roof replacement, roof replacement grant, grants for roofing, grant to replace roof, how to get a free roof replacement, new roofs for seniors, roofing assistance for low-income families
I am an avid grant blog writer. I write for several grants sites and blogs, do thorough research work and accumulates all essential information that makes the blogs informative and enhances their value.