Well equipped windows are essential for comfortable living and hence replacement and repair are needed in case of any damage. Broken windows can cause infiltration of cold air, chilly window pane, and air conduction through panes hence causing an increase in heating costs. A well equipped and remodeled window can save 10-20 percent of energy costs.
To support low income families grants and financial assistance is provided by the government, nonprofits, utility companies, and housing agencies that help in replacement or up-gradation of windows. Let us have a look at the new window replacement grants.
- 1 Free Window Replacement Grants Programs
- 2 Energy Star Windows
- 3 Assisted Housing Stability and Energy and Green Retrofit Program
- 4 Weatherization Assistance Program(WAP)
- 5 USDA Rural Repair Rehabilitation Grants
- 6 There are eligibility criteria for the USDA program
- 7 Self Help Homeownership Opportunity Program
- 8 Here are some some must read topics below
- 9 Share this:
Energy Star Windows
Families using Energy Star-qualified windows, skylights, and doors save an average of 12 percent on their energy bills and get tax credits up to $1,500 from the government. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy administer the Energy Star cooperative program.
Energy Star Windows have low emissivity coatings on windows, doors, and skylights that reduce UV sun damage to the house. Few essential points to know:
1. Energy Star windows save energy bills by using less energy and saving more
2. These certified windows help in keeping the temperature of the house at a comfortable level by covering up the overheated spaces and cold drafts
3. There’s a special coating on the window glass that acts as a sunscreen, thus protecting the house
Assisted Housing Stability and Energy and Green Retrofit Program
The program is financed by the Office of Affordable Housing Preservation (OAHP) of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The primary aim of the program is to assist low-income families to upgrade their homes and appliances for energy conservation and reduced electricity bills.
The homes of the eligible applicants are physically and financially inspected by officers of HUD before the funds are granted.
Weatherization Assistance Program(WAP)
WAP is sponsored by the Department of Energy to financially support low-income families to update their homes and repair their windows for energy saving.
A grant amount of $5 billion is given to local and state governments which are later disbursed to eligible applicants for their window replacement or other energy savings repair work or weatherization of homes.
You may opt for- Free Roof Replacement Grants For Low Income Families
Applicants must be below the poverty level and must be US citizens to apply for the program. Apply with the state weatherization agency to avail of the grants.
You may also like- Home Energy Assistance Programs For Low Income Families
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has initiated the Rural Repair and Rehabilitation Loans and Grants that provide financial assistance for repairing, remodeling or modification of houses, upgrading of appliances, and removing of any health hazards.
Check it out- HUD Home Repair Grants For Low Income Single Moms
There are eligibility criteria for the USDA program
1. Applicants must be US citizens or should be residing permanently in the country
2. Should be the homeowner and occupant of the house
3. The income level must be less than 50 percent of the area median income.
Self Help Homeownership Opportunity Program
Below poverty families who build their individual homes are entitled to receive a $15,000 grant amount. Families facing a financial crisis may avail the grant for replacing their windows or upgrading their homes.
You may also apply with the utility companies, local government, and nonprofits for replacement or repairing of windows to save energy and reduce your bills. Start applying for windows replacement grants now.
Here are some some must read topics below
Home Repair Grants Updates and Information:
- Free Home Improvement Grants For Single Moms
- Free Home Improvement Grants For Veterans and Low Income Families
- Home Repair Grants Assistance For Disabled Single Mothers
- Government Home Improvement Grants For Individuals With Bad Credit
- Free Home Repair Grants For Disabled Veterans Renovate Home
First Time Home Buyer Grants or Housing Grants:
- First Time Home Buyer Grants: Senior Citizens Housing Assistance
- Loans and Grants For Low Income Homeowners With Bad Credit
- First Time Home Buyer Grants and Loans For Disabled Individuals
- HUD Housing Grants For Individuals: First Time Home Buyer Grants
- Top 8 First Time Home Buyer Grants
Window Replacement Grants and Weatherization Assistance:
free window replacement grants 2022,home window replacement grants,federal grants assistance for home repairs,first time home buyer grants for single mother,single mother first time home buyer grants,free window replacement programs,free home window replacement 2022,home window replacement grants,free house windows,free home repair grants,government grants for home windows, free window replacement program, roof grants for homeowners,energy efficient windows government grants 2022